ORTHOPAEDIC TRAUMA TECHNICIAN
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Document the condition and progress of patients and report to medical staff any areas of concern.
- Undertake plastering procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
- Maintain, clean and restock of the plaster room materials
- Locate appropriate equipment used by the plaster room staff, ensuring the equipment is maintained.
- Carry out minor orthopaedic operative techniques involving insertion and removal of Steinman’s pins and skull calipers
- Remove external fixators
- Manipulate and reduce, fractures and dislocations
- Participate in the management of minor orthopaedic and trauma cases in emergencies and accidents
- Sensitize and create awareness on orthopaedic trauma conditions to the communities.
- Make, fix and fit prosthesis
- Bill all the procedures and the items used in the plaster room.
- Follow up patients with prosthesis
- Certificate or Diploma in Orthopaedic Plaster Technology from a recognized institution;
- At least one year of professional experience as Orthopaedic Trauma Technician
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution